As Australia has done away with student visa stamping in the passport to travel and enter Australia, a visa decision is intimated to the applicant electronically via email, once a decision has been made by the visa authorities.
If approved the department will send a Notification of Grant letter to your nominated postal or email address. It is recommended that you print this letter and keep it with you when you travel to and from Australia. This letter contains:
- your Visa Grant Number
- the validity date of your visa
- the visa conditions.
If not approved the department will send you a notification letter advising you of:
- the reasons for the refusal
- your review rights
- time limit for lodging an appeal.
Your rights for a review of the decision differ:
- if you lodged in Australia, the refusal letter advises you of your review rights and the time limit for lodging an appeal
- if you lodged outside Australia, you have no right for a review of the merits of the decision
For more information on Immigration and Visa, kindly visit: http://www.immi.gov.au/Pages/Welcome.aspx